Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Itchy and Scratchy

Does anyone remember/know the cartoon show, The Simpsons, which usually shows the children watching the cartoon, Itchy and Scratchy? I hope so, but there's no blood, and no killing one another in this household.

However, there is a lot of scratching from my little baby :(  The symptoms of her eczema has come back, and it looks bad. My baby is scratching like there is no tomorrow the last few days. I am so glad that I gave her a mani/pedi (manicure and pedicure), so when she scratches she is not drawing any blood or making any marks. It is a little funny (and such a smart thing to do) that when she can not scratch with her hands, she uses her toes to scratch the other leg. It kills me that I can not help her, and ease her discomfort. I think she was scratching because she was itchy (she usually scratches more near bedtime, and naps; not from being itchy). With a nice bath this morning, has helped a bit, as well as distracting her with toys, and teethers. There are so much products, and remedies for eczema out there on the market, but I have yet to find something that works exceptionally well. Moisturize, moisturize, and moisture always helps. The itchiness is the tricky part because sometimes, it is hard to distinguish rather she is itchy or not.

 I hope that she will get past the scratching, and itchiness. Thank goodness for the Scratch Me Not Mittens. The mittens are amazing especially right before she fall asleep. Other than the scratching, and being itchy, my little baby had a okay day. She ate, slept, played, read, and listened to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment