Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sleepy Time

Lina <3 does not sleep through the night. She have not slept through the night since we came home from the hospital seven months ago. There are some good and bad nights, where she'll sleep soundly and others where she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming her head off.

Lina's <3 sleep habit is poor. In the beginning, she would sleep well, and longer periods of time. A couple of months after, she would wake up in the middle of the night screaming, and refuse to go back to sleep even after constantly rocking, walking back and forth the hallways, singing lullabies, and diaper change. We co-sleep with Lina's little bed (first years co sleeper) that would sit on top of our bed between us, so that we can keep a close eye on you. Later, you would sleep on my arms which made sleeping a little easier for all of us.

Now, you have your own crib. Half the time you would sleep in it and the other half you slept in
Mommy's arms. I still breast feed at nighttime through the night, while laying down, which Lina <3 grew accustom to because you would wake up crying and I would feed you. To this day, you have a very hard time falling asleep. Scream, scream, scream, and more screams! (Ahhh Mommy wants to sleep too.) Boy! can you scream. I tried to let you scream and cry til you fall asleep and it breaks my heart (and Daddy's). I feel so helpless that I could not do more to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. At times, you could fall asleep easily and stay asleep for a couple of hours. The good thing that you are learning to do, is fall asleep by yourself sometimes by you wake up in the middle of the night. The best nights for you are when you would sleep for three or four hours at a time (I love those nights!). 

Sleepy time is not only beneficial to Mommy and Daddy (because we'll be able to catch a break) but it is extremely good for you, for your development, and growth.  Most of the websites about babies' sleep habits states that you should be sleeping through the night, but I guess those websites were not talking about my little Lina <3 lol. I did not get that memo. I am hoping that you will out grow this and sleep better. And if you do not, it is okay and you'll be sleeping with Daddy and I.

Please comment if you have any suggestions/advice about sleepy time for Lina <3 Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment